Welcome to my stop on the Thanksgiving Blog Hop! With Thanksgiving this week, a lot of people are considering what they’re thankful for, myself included. Here are some of the things that make me thankful (in no particular order).
1. My family. They have supported me and encouraged me all through my life, and they continue to support and encourage me today. I know I can count on them to be there whether life is going great or things are rough, and I love them for it and so much more.
2. God’s love. No matter how badly I mess up, God still loves me and forgives me. When I drift away from Him, He’s always waiting with open arms to welcome me back. Without God’s love, I doubt I’d be able to do even half of what I do.
3. My dog, Paisley. I know a dog may seem like a strange thing to be thankful for, but Paisley’s helped me through some rough times since I adopted her almost a year and a half ago. That little dog does more for me than I would have believed possible, and I’m so thankful she’s in my life.
4. The ability to write. If I couldn’t write, I think I’d go crazy from a backlog of stories trapped in my mind. Since God granted me the ability to write, I’m as sane as any other fiction author… which may not be saying much. 🙂
5. My autism. This one may make you wonder if I’ve gone around the bend, but autism is a part of me and has given me a unique perspective of the world. Despite the challenges that come with being autistic, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. After all, it’s given me a wonderful focus for detail, a vivid imagination, and the ability to solve problems in unique ways, all of which lends itself marvelously to writing fiction, among other things.
And finally, I’m thankful for all you readers. It’s so wonderful to see you enjoy a book and share it with others. You are the ones I write for, and nothing makes me happier than when I hear someone enjoyed my book.
Now, to show my thankfulness for readers, one lucky commenter will win a free PDF of one of my books (winner’s choice). Entering is easy. Just leave a comment telling me something you’re thankful for, and you’ll be entered in the drawing. A complete list of my books can be found on the Books page of this blog or my website. The winner will be chosen using Random.org on Friday, November 23.
Have a happy Thanksgiving (or a happy Thursday if you’re not in the U.S.)! Be sure to visit the next stop on the Thanksgiving Blog Hop: http://sherrygloagtheheartofromance.blogspot.com/2012/11/thanksgiving-blog-hop.html